Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Scatterbrained

Yes, that is me lately. 80 thousand things going on, both in life and in knitting (I consider these seperate worlds, by the way), and I find myself unable to focus on one thing for long. It's frustrating. I got halfway through the sleeves of the itty bitty size 3 needles sweater for me and set it aside because it was becoming just an absolute chore to pick it up. That began my couple of days obsession with fingerless gloves. I banged out my first pair with no trouble at all, with a lace panel on the top too even! Got started on my second pair with some Silky Wool that I got 40% off at an LYS that is or now has gone, out of business. Got one glove made and set it aside last night to play with a skein of Noro Sekku that I also picked up at the going out of business sale. Got some rounds crocheted on a doily. My end table is now overflowing with WIP's. I don't like that. Personal matters have been overwhelming though. My oldest son finally got himself in some real trouble a couple weeks ago after going in the wrong direction for a few months. My days are now being crowded with court dates and lawyer meetings, community service, school admissions and job searches. He seems to finally have woken up and seen where he was heading (it's amazing how a couple days in a real live grown up jail will do that for you!), and is making a real attempt at turning his life around. It's all exhausting. I thank God for the knitting, it allows me some down time to relax, but even that has been effected by my just total feeling of restlessness lately. It's also been VERY warm here, perhaps some cold weather will help me settle in more. I need to make a pair of fingerless gloves for my mother in law and some socks for Marcus, both for Christmas. Also ordered the last 5 skeins to compete my Lizard's Ridge Afghan and don't even know WHEN I'm going to fit that in....Ok, I must go try and settle this child down for his nap or give up the idea entirely. He's been in there singing and dancing in his crib for an hour and 26 minutes with no sleep in sight. How long can a full moon last anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment