Thursday, October 14, 2010

Another Finished Sweater....

This time for me! I finally finished the Paton's Devine sweater I spoke of in an earlier post. With the 3/4 length sleeves. I just couldn't bear even the thought of trying to rip out this fuzzy fuzzy yarn (you all know how fuzzy fuzzy yarn snags and gets stuck when trying to un-knit it!), along with the fact that I had already woven in the ends and sewn up the seam (the only seeming to this sweater is under the arms, it's a top down pattern). So, the 3/4 sleeves are growing on me. Hey, it's good to try new things, right? I should have a pic of it up tomorrow, today it's just me and Demarcus (age 2) and he's good at a lot of things, but picture taking isn't one of them. =)

So I am undecided if I am going to pull out a half done project from the closet, or start a new one. I got the yarn for a great lace shawl project from AC Moore for $3. And it only uses the one $3 skein too. The pattern is free along with a photo on the Paton's site here. It should be an interesting project...I love the IDEA of knitting lace. The actual doing is um, sketchy. I tend to lose my place. Even with no distractions, my mind tends to distract itself. I don't think I've mentioned yet in this blog that I am hearing impaired. Well, that doesn't really explain much, I have a cochlear implant. Which means I am completely and totally deaf when not wearing my device. Which actually comes in handy in regards to knitting. (And parenting). I can just shut off everybody and everything when  I want to. I think this is natures way of compensating me for the annoyance of always going 'Whaaaat?' to everybody. But it comes in damn handy when trying to count while knitting. But still, the lace. Eh, it doesn't always work out so well. Add into it that I'm new to lace and aren't comfortable just ripping out a few rows and picking up there and it's a melt down waiting to happen. But I'm no quitter, so still I try. I have a really cute wrap to make out of Rowans Kid Silk Haze that I spent $30 on the 2 lousy balls of yarn for a lifetime ago. I've started it 3 times only to mess it up after completing 10 inches or so and have to rip it out. I WILL finish it eventually!

I also have this great top I wear all the time that I really want to try knitting up but that'll be hard budget wise, having to swatch and such. But I'll get there eventually, it would be a great piece knitted. I also have some skirt idea's kicking around in my head too. But for now, pics of the newest sweater should be up tomorrow! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment