Friday, October 8, 2010

Stalled on the Sleeves....

I apologize for the lack of updates, it seems as though everything is getting in the way of my knitting this week. Including me. I've been busy with house stuff, kid stuff, computer stuff, errand stuff and just plain old wasting time stuff. I made good progress last week on Demarcus' little green striped sweater, was pretty excited to make the sleeves at the same time. Not complicated at all, just something I hadn't done before. But then I got stalled. It's not that I haven't been working on them, I have. But I get 4 rows done and remember something else I should be doing and stop. Also lurking in my head is the sweater I put aside in the 'spring', which is a season that doesn't really exist down here. We seem to go from cool winter (which only averages about 40 degrees anyways), to 90 + degrees in a week. It's a great fluffy sweater made from the brown of Patons Devine but I just couldn't stand to have it on my lap working on it when it got 90 + degrees. So I need to pull that out of my closet. It's all done except the sleeves, I didn't like the length the pattern stated and was going to make them longer. The sweater was so full and fluffy (the pattern wasn't written for Patons Devine yarn, I substituted), it just looked dumb with three quarter sleeves. That is also my first sweater knit from the top down and I absolutely LOVED it! I will now make every sweater I can like that, it FLEW by! I also need to collect I think 5 more skeins of Noro Kureyon  to complete my Lizards Ridge afghan that is going to be just GORGEOUS! I've also decided to line the afghan with a black flannel sheet since the Kureyon is absolutely fabulous drenched color but not so soft or great against the skin. I think this will work great, but we will see. Ok, I must stop stalling now and get back to work on those sleeves...........

No comments:

Post a Comment