Monday, October 11, 2010

A Good Day!

Well yesterday I FINALLY got those sleeves finished and spent a couple hours seeming Demarcus' green sweater up. Today I finished weaving in those pesky ends and talked the Ex into bringing me to get the buttons (it's so much more fun when you bring people!). After MUCH discussion in the button aisle of Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts, I went with simple because there's so much to the yarn....






 Cute huh? Again, this is the 'Classic Baby Cardi' from Debbie Bliss' Spring/Summer 2010 issue and knit up using a sock yarn from Jo-Ann Fabrics called Deborah Norville Collection Serenity Garden Yarn in Grass. I LOVE that issue, I have made the cabled tank, a navy one of these 'Classic Baby Cardi's' and am in the process of making the 'Draped Cardigan'. Coincidentally, I just picked up her Fall/Winter issue today. I like some of the stuff in it, but not nearly as much as that Spring/Summer issue! Marcus (the Ex and Demarcus' Dad), already said today that he wanted a sweater like this. He doesn't even wear sweaters! (He would be the recipient of the infamous Marvin, as well). Well low and behold when I picked up the Debbie Bliss Magazine Fall/Winter issue today, there is an EXACT replica of this sweater, but man sized. Oy.

On another note, since I finished Demarcus' sweater today, I also pulled out that sweater I mentioned last time that just needs the sleeves finished. I was disappointed to see that it's going to be more involved than I thought as one sleeve I already completed and wove in the ends. It also uses live stitches that were on a holder too, so it's not as easy to rip them out and re-do the sleeve as if they were just picked up or knit seperately. I was looking though and I'm now undecided about whether or not to make them longer....realizing what a pain it will be to fix has kind of made me wonder if perhaps they don't look so bad after all........... =)

1 comment: